Friday, June 24, 2011

6/24/11

There are now 11 people in the facebook group, and I'm waiting to hear back on how to find 2 more from the Contiki website! :) The closer we get, the more excited I am to meet all these people.

One girl has left already for one of her tours, a few others will leave soon to start their trip. I can't believe we have only 17 days until the plane ride to England.

I'm now in Florida working at Pyrospot Fireworks where I've spent most of my Summers and Christmas vacations over the last 4 years. It's a lot of fun once we get busy, but until then it's a lot of sitting around reading, talking and thinking.

My foot is a lot better than it was last time I posted. I am now able to walk normally, but I still keep it wrapped for good measure. Hopefully soon I'll be able to stop wrapping it too!

Last night Dad & I checked on sim cards for my phone so I'd have something for emergencies while I'm traveling. I don't much care for it, seeing as I won't use it much (if at all!) but since he says I need it, then I'm game. I'm so thankful for everything he and Melanie have done for me so far, this is going to be an incredible experience that I'll remember forever.

I got a really cute pair of walking sandals. I'll be taking them with me to wear with nicer outfits. I tried on both pair of shoes Dad ordered before, neither of them worked, so we sent them back to hopefully find something else that does work.

While we were out shopping for shoes we stopped at the currency exchange place and I got 60 British Pounds and 60 Euros so I won't have to worry about exchanging money right after I get off the plane in London. Awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment