Monday, July 11, 2011

7/11/11

So, yesterday I was on my way home from Church when Amanda texted me "My plane will be arriving there at 3." So I was like, "Okay, Cool!" Then headed off to drop off lunch at the house, tan then go to Barnes & Noble for a travel journal and to check on books to download on my Kindle. I didn't think anything of her text until I was sitting in the Starbucks waiting on my coffee when she texted again, "I lied. It'll be more like 2:30. The flight is about 58 minutes long and we're leaving here in like 5. lol" Now after this one I got a little confused. She wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow. It was now 1:30 so I said, "Not today right?" and she said "...Yes today." Here is when I started freaking out. I called Melanie and let her know and booked it home. We quickly googled how to get to the airport (She was flying in from a smaller one than OIA) then headed there to pick her up.

Of course there was squealing, hugging, and all that normal excited stuff. :)
We packed our suitcases last night (finding out Amanda could actually fit all her stuff in a smaller one! :O Surprise, surprise!!) and today we just have last minute stuff. I'm getting my hair cut, phone unlocked (so it can go international), and then a Target run so we make sure we've got all the little stuff we will need.

Excited is a HUGE understatement at this point. (Yes, I did get up at 7am when I don't have to be up for another couple of hours... :P)

4 comments:

  1. You are going to have the MOST marvelous time! Embrace your warm-up brain and body and let everything that doesn't serve you on this trip go.

    You are going to meet fabulous people and see and do amazing things! Thinking of you both on Katelyn and Amanda's European Adventure!

    Best wishes - Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mia! We're soo totally excited. :)
    The nerves are starting to kick in. But we leave at 6:30pm tomorrow out of Miami and will arrive in the London-Heathrow airport at 8:30am there time aka 3:30am here. :)

    Can't wait to share all kinds of stories I know we'll have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so nervous for you right now, but excited too! I see you said you were going to get your phone unlocked so it could go international..but then I see you post a few hours ago that your phone will be left here. Why aren't you going to have your cell?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last comment was from me, Jacq, I don't know how to make it show my name like you did LOL

    ReplyDelete