Thursday, July 14, 2011

7/14/11

London to Amsterdam

6:00am we had to meet up to have our bags weighed and get on the bus. I was about 18kg, so I was completely fine. (The limit was 22kg). On the bus we got our instructions. I sat behind Morgan and Michaela from Australia, in front of Sarah and Brenton from Perth, beside Bo-Ra from South Korea. *After a little bit of a drive we got to Dover where we got our passports stamped and got onto the ferry to take us across the English Channel. The boat was HUGE! On the boat I met Lauren and Casey (Luke's "mates") and Jason P. (Aussie) and Brian from Chicago. The 4 of us ate lunch together. I got a watery coffee and a muffin as well as a Chicken wrap. After eating we went to the top deck to look around and met Luke's other mate, Joel. * After the ferry we got back on the COACH (not Bus) and headed through Belgium to Amsterdam. About 1/2 way there we hit traffic and stopped at SERVICES (not rest stop) where I got an "iced coffee" aka frappuccino and a bar of Belgian chocolate. About an hour later we stopped again where I got another "iced coffee". On the coach Miriam (our tour guide) had the people on the inside seats move counter-clockwise for 3 minutes at a time to meet people. (She called it 'speed dating'). My favorite person I talked to was Andy, an Aussie who made it SO easy to talk even after having talked to about 15 people already. He was fun, I hope I can talk/hang out with him again. After that we hit traffic and got to Amsterdam kind of late. Went straight to dinner (fries, broccoli and pasta for me) and quickly had time to change before we went to the Amsterdam Cultural Experience excursion. Amanda decided to stay in. * Afterward I headed back while the rest went to The Grasshopper (a 'coffeeshop') with Stacie (one of my roommates for this night) and Miriam. On the way back I talked with Miriam about possibly being a tour guide. She said after this was all over, if I still wanted to she would help me out! Got back to the room, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment